Weekend Treasure Hunt

After a bout with the flu last weekend (actually more like five days of never getting out of bed unless absolutely necessary) I was like a goldfish in a small bowl circling and circling. I couldn't wait to get out of the house and do a little treasure hunting with my sister.  So off we went to some of my favorite haunts and the treasure gods looked kindly upon me.  Found some wonderful things and have already most priced and in my booth.

Saw this Victorian, adjustable piano stool with claw feet and marbles and knew it was going to be a good day for hunting treasure.  Original finish and in excellent condition.  A nice hand polish and this baby will find its way into a musical home.

My grandmother had these pretty trash receptacles (never a can in her words, those were found on the street and were picked up by men in loud trucks) Great Art Deco cutouts along the rim and terrific mint green paint.  Wonderful condition for its use and age. 
I adore quadruple plate from the Victorian era.  I love the shapes, the etching, I even like the pieces that have lost nearly all of the silver plate.  I can't explain my addiction to these pieces...I just now that they make me smile.

Hard to see in the photo but this is a huge serving piece of sandwich glass.  Large fruit bowl from the 1970s.  Tiara pattern - the most popular pattern collected in sandwich glass today.

Pretty avocado green cake plate from the 1970s.  Great color is perfect for so many holiday treats.

Could not believe my good luck to find four STERLING, not plate salt and pepper shakes.  I don't believe they were ever used.  Can't wait to polish these up, they will shine.

Early American Pattern Glass (EAPG) covered dish.  I also have great affection for EAPG, the everyday glassware used in every Victorian home.  Thousands of patterns and often found with hints of sun purple, these are such lovely little utilitarian pieces. I may keep this one for my personal collection.

Nifty bank bag, an Italian bible school cutout book, leafe drawer pulls and a needlepoint schnauzer.

Such eclectic finds this weekend, rooster ware butter container with happy cow on lid, pretty scent bottles, one clear with faceted stopper and other a nice early Depression era Czech green glass with hand painted roses on it.  (I picked that up for just $2.00...can you believe it) and last but not least, a Poll Parrot shoe bank.  Cool advertising piece that was given out to children after a purchase of shoes - 1950s.

Last, but not least, this magnificent study lamp.  Heavy cut crystal along the base and stem.  Works beautifully, but does need a different shade.  The one that came with this, although vintage, is too small.  So I will be shade hunting this week for something that fits and is more like what this type of lamp would hold.

So, all in all, between the treasure finds and lunch with my sister, it was a lovely weekend.  It was wonderful to get out again and I'm looking forward to warmer weather soon.  Have a delightful Monday.  Sea Witch


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity