The Book Nook #1

I am thinking of changing things up on this ol' blog o' mine. I am currently busy thinking up alliterated titles for each day of the week. For example, Great Tip Tuesday, Website Wednesdays, and Fine Art Fridays. I will also add some new features like Book Nook, where I will share my latest literary discoveries!

Tuesday evenings we head over to the library for our weekly fix for our book addiction.
Two new titles that must become part of my permanent collection are these...


The first will probably become my main text resource for my private art classes this year. It features 18 paintings from different art periods form medievals to Modern.
There is a discussion of the contents, composition, and or symbolism of each painting.
Though they do not go much into the artist biography, what I really love is the little flap that opens in each section to reveal the main color palette the artist used. This is a great thing to plan an art lesson around!



The second is for those of us who love old movies and want to share them with our kids. I grew up watching Family Film Festival every weekend with my mom and I was introduced to all the classics with great stars like Doris Day, Rock Hudson, James Garner, Bob Hope and so many more. Most kids my age had no clue who those people were at the time. Granted I watched way too much tv and probably should have been outside playing, there was a bond that was created with my mom over those movies. This book acts as a guide to help us sort out all the better choices we could be making from our Netflix membership!


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity