Christina Aguilera's Awkward Rendition of USA National Anthem at The Super Bowl XLV


Burlesque lead star Christina Aguilera fumbled the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" during her performance at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6.

Christina started out all right, but later had a problem with the lyrics. Instead of singing the line “o’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming,” Christina sang “what so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming.”

Here's Christina's full performance of USA National Anthem:




Christina's not the first person to goof up the National Anthem in front of a huge audience - it also happened with Roseanne Barr who rendered it poorly at a San Diego Padres game a few years back, and to Macy Gray at the 2001 Hall of Fame game in her hometown of Canton, Ohio, drawing boos from the crowd.

The ex-teen star is quick to respond to criticisms. In a statement sent to Jared, she said, "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.”




My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity