White Sea Turtle Wednesday - New Header

It is Ash Wednesday today as well as a White Wednesday.  Go with peace to those who celebrate this beginning of the Lenten season and to all those who stop by. I changed my header out last evening with a photo I shot of a sea turtle that I came upon in the warm waters off of Cancun. He was comfortable with the divers and I was fortunate to get this close of a shot of him resting in a coral bed.   His photo got me thinking about white sea creatures and I came across these lovely photos of albino sea turtles.  How dramatic and extraordinary they are.

Every year around 15,000 Green and Hawksbill turtles are hatched and housed at the Thai Military Sea Turtle Conservation Center on Khram Island near Pattaya, and every so often an albino turtle turns up. The hatchlings are kept at the Center until they’re about 6 months old, at which point their shells have hardened enough for them to have a better chance of survival in the sea.

White amongst a sea of dark green, almost black siblings.

Sea turtles can live to surprisingly long ages but they suffer from high mortality when they’re young. Albinos are especially vulnerable due to their bright white color. The inquisitive-looking example above top was photographed at the Sea Turtle Sanctuary at Isla Mujeres near Cancun, Mexico. Such sweet faces on these wondrous creatures. 

Wishing everyone a kind and gentle White Wednesday.  Sea Witch


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity