Doin' the tangle tango and delightfully doodling...

I spend quite a bit of time on the internet searching for art project ideas and inspiration(in my class, when one child accuses another of copying, I simply let that child know that the accused did not copy, they were simply inspired). Art blogs and websites inspire me! When it comes to artwork, unless you are a master forger, your artwork will always be your own.
All that to introduce you to my latest inspiration...
I have always been in love with patterns, whether visual, musical, mathematical, historical or literal. Over the past few years my own personal artwork has patterns incorporated in it and I am always drawn to the works or projects of others with all those wonderful patterns! Since I was a little girl I would doodle. It was a great way to pass time and always relaxed me even while keeping me alert. Nowadays you will often find me working on some drawing or other while in church. I love my pastor's sermons, but sitting for 45 minutes can make anyone a little drowsy. So imagine my surprise, when I found out that this doodling had a name, or else that some smart people decided to give it one, brand it and start a whole company and perhaps even am artistic movement based on it. The company is called Zentagle. It has apparently been around for a few years already, but I am just learning about it, and becoming a little addicted. I finished five this weekend alone and every time I close my eyes all I see are patterns that I want to incorporate into more drawings!
Of course you must understand that I do not subscribe to the eastern religion philosophy being promoted by the Zentangle company or even the by the names connotations. I do not "meditate" as they would call it, though I do worship, pray, and meditate upon the scriptures of the bible, so in the spirit of Colossians 3:23 which says..
"Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
So why can't doodling become an act of nonverbal worship? In my book it is. Literally. I made myself a little book to tangle doodle in and I titled it "Art as Worship."


A varation of the zentangle is called a zendala which is a cross between a mandala and a zentangle. Mandala's have their own spiritual significance (which again I do not subscribe to) but the visual appeal is unmistakable and the use of symbolism can create a piece of artwork that is truly a tribute to my creator.

Here are the results of some of my doodling...

This first one is the fruition of five hours in the Emergency Room with my husband, who tore his meniscus and part of his ACL yesterday. All good thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I will expound on the circumstances related to that on my other blog, Drawing Life Lines later.




My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity