Monster Mommie Mondays #6- The Joys of Moving :(



The title of this post may be misleading, if you had heard me read it out loud you'd have heard my voice drip with sarcasm. That's one problem with writing, you can't hear the sarcasm, it must be spelled out somehow. I could not live without sarcasm.
So here we are in the midst of trying to move not just three years worth of stuff, but more like eleven because of all the stuff we brought when we moved here. My daughter's room is 15 years worth of stuff, because she will not throw anything away!!!!
Why can't there be a moving magic wand? Or a easy moving button like they have at Staples? Oh well, maybe my woes will inspire me for something for my tip Tuesday post, or at least entertain you because you have been here before as well.
The temptation is to throw everything out and start over. That is utterly wasteful. First of all, I would probably go and get more stuff(which I have no money for) and all my current stuff would end up in landfills. We will probably take quite a bit to the local church run thrift shop, and we have already had a garage sale, but there is still so much! Right now since the new house is only ten minutes away, we are taking lots of trips with small loads.
In the midst of all this, we are still homeschooling(a little), having art class, and having a birthday party on Saturday. After the party on Saturday, we will be borrowing a friends' trailer and getting all the big stuff moved over. I absolutely hate losing ground on homeschooling. It means we will have to work some on our vacations. We are seriously considering changing our schedules around and taking a break during the winter months and homeschooling through summer. Where I live it is so hot in the summer that outdoor activities are severely limited, not so in the winter where we still average 60 to 70 degree temperatures. The only thing that has kept me from doing that is the fact that we homeschool through a public school charter school and they follow a traditional school calendar. I have come very close to filing my independent homeschool affidavit several times, but the homeschool climate here in California is tumultuous and the charter provides safety. There are many of you who would warn me to be careful of trading independence for safety, and for the most part I agree, but I am allotted so much freedom as it is right now that it's hard to be super motivated to change. The day may come however...
Of course after we got quite bit of stuff out Ryan did this and we all said why move?

This would be a high rise apartment complex in Japan!


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity