Just checking in


There is nothing profound that I have to say. Not that there ever is really, but for today I just wanted to keep everyone apprised of our summer's goings-on.
This weekend we are making a major purchase. We are going to invest in a small above ground pool. It will only be 15ft across and about 3-4 feet deep. But for us it will be heavenly. Where we live it is so hard to get kids outside. It is so hot, even by 8am.
Yesterday we had to get up at 6:30 am so we could get to the park by seven and not melt. Then we went swimming at my mother-in-law's office. That was lots of fun. But we couldn't manage it today because bedtime ended up being really late. We have other things on our agenda though. Our local library's summer program kicks off today and we will probably go to the local mall to walk indoor laps. Later we are going to the art museum because today is their free day from 4 to 8pm. We plan to stay until 6 or so and then go to a special family VBS thing that is put on by a musician friend of ours. It is shaping up to be a busy day. I can not wait for the pool though. Whenever we go swimming now it is always such a big deal. We have to get everything ready, drive to the pool and then when we are done drag it all back home. Now we will be able to simply open the sliding glass door, be outside and moving around and still stay cool. My boys are not swimmers as of yet. Taylor can swim, but he won't swim in deep water. Ryan does not swim yet and is pretty cautious about the water. The 3 foot depth will be great for both of them. I can do water aerobics too. Next year we are seriously considering moving to a house with am in-ground pool but for this summer I think the small one will be wonderful.
My summer art program starts up next week and I am getting ready for the next year of homeschooling. The one thing I have to make sure I do is to not lie to myself about how much relaxation time I deserve. It is so easy to let whole days go by with nothing to show for them except an increased library of Law&Order programs seen. I really want to try not to turn on the TV at all and just see what happens.


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity