Coming Soon- I Hope!

Bottom

Inside

I hesitate to make announcements about upcoming projects, not because I don't do it often, but because when I do, something called life seems to get in the way. However, I am anxious to share my project plans for the summer. My classes have been on hiatus for a couple of weeks but start back up on Monday. I am taking the summer to explore American art history beginning with Anasazi pottery. For the next two months we will go from Native American art up through Norman Rockwell. I am basing these lessons on the Picturing America grant I received earlier in the year. The grant came with these wonderfully huge double sided posters and a teachers guidebook to integrate art appreciation in all other aspects of the curriculum. Right up my alley. Of course there really were no art project lesson plans. I'll just have to come up with those on my own. The sample above was from the last time we studied Anasazi pottery a few years back. It was made with sculpey clay in a coil method. After baking it was painted black and white and then glazed with a clear coat. I will post student examples and step by step examples in my next posts.


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity