Remembering where I was when Reagan got shot 30 years ago today


I was in the Student Union building in Queens College visiting my girlfriend Jackie. I was still a senior in high school and she was about to finisher her first year at college.

We were about to eat a Diplomat Hamburger when I heard the news come over the college radio station that gun shots were fired and Reagan was rushed to the hospital.

My heart sank and instantly lost my appetite!

The weird thing about it was that I looked around the cafeteria and mo one else seemed to notice the news, but me. There were no shrieks or crying. It was as if nothing happened, like any other day with people going about their business.

But, I was in a state of shock with a lump in my throat. Jackie knew how I felt about Reagan and I said to her I gotta go home and watch the news.

I didn’t know if he was alive or dead.

I just prayed.

I just had to get home which meant taking two buses and on the trip nobody else seemed to know that our president had been shot. It was like a Twilight Zone episode where I was the guy who knew something very important and nobody else cared.

That’s what I remember the day Reagan got shot.


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity