New header - Summer swap

Yes, it was time for a new header.  Unfortunately, I was unable to take any photos under the sea this time around.  I'll share about my recent trip to Man of War Cay in future posts. It was a trip that had highs and lows and a major decision to be made.  So I went back to our trip to Cancun last December and pulled out this shot of a brilliant blue trunk fish.  This particular fish was about 24 inches in length and brilliant blue with yellow and white leopard type spotting.  He moved lazily through the water so I was able to get a few good shots of him. 

All photos enlarge if you click on them.

I like trunk fish. They are one of my favorite reef species for their odd shaped little bodies and their slow moving confidence as they swim about the reefs. 

I finally got my summer swap sent off this week.  I always seem to be a few days behind these days so I hope the wait will be worth it for my partner.  She created such a lovely sea swap journal for me.  This was the first time I have ever produced a journal from scratch.  My partner had chosen the 1940's as her beach theme.  I tried to utilize as many vintage photos and other elements to give it a variety of 1940's beach looks.

The front cover.

Pockets full of beach treasure.

Closeup of vintage photos.

Pretty batik fabric and other elements.

A Weekee Watchie mermaid look.

Trips to Jones Beach brought memories of cars in traffic, postcards, picnic lunches and souvenirs.  This was a fun swap and I got the opportunity to work with handmade paper, creating my own binding system and filling various pockets with treasure.  I learned a lot about what you can and can't do with handmade paper along the way as well. Part of the fun of creating is having to take a new tack from what originally envisioned.  I hope my partner enjoys her sea swap journal as much as I had making it.  Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday. Sea Witch


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity