Rain, rain, don't go away, come again and stay today!






On Sunday morning we were exposed to a very unusual treat in the desert; a rainstorm.
It was really in the flash flood category and several places in the desert actually had a lot of water damage. Thankfully we were simply able to enjoy the downpour. God knew my car washer is in Pennsylvania so He helped me out a bit. Lately, when giving people directions to my house, I have told them to look for the dirty green Hyundai in the driveway. As of Sunday it will probably be a week or so before I can say that again. Most rains in the desert result in a dirtier car since the small amounts of drizzle mixed with all the dirt end up as mud, but not this time.
The kids were so excited. It seems so lame to be excited about rain, but when you hardly ever see any it is kind of a big deal. They kept running back and forth from one window to the other. They found our only umbrella and were very concerned that we should be wearing warm enough clothes when we went outside. Of course the storm lasted maybe 15 minutes and was over before we left for church. Later on the evening Jody went swimming with the boys. It has left us with slightly cooler temperatures this week. Unlike me.
I woke up with a headache yesterday and by last night I had almost 102 degree fever. I am feeling a bit better today so hopefully that trend will continue. The only real symptom thus far is the temperature. So if you would, please pray for me. I can not afford to be sick. Either financially or schedule wise.
On a brighter note, I subscribed recently to a word of the day email. I really love language and the correct usage of it. I have always loved to write and from a pretty young age I would correct my mom's pronunciation of words. All my kids have a very high vocabulary for their age since I have never watered down mine around them. So ironically the very first word they sent me was grammolatry. It is closely related to idolatry and means the worship of words. This is something new to think about for me.
I also want to make an announcement as to the nature of some of my future posts. I have been reading a little book called Art and the Bible by Francis Schaeffer. It is a good little book about how as Christians we are to approach art and the creative process. I want to go a bit further in my own study of this. Since I teach young people about art and hopefully I am teaching them something about the Lord in the process, I hope to glorify God through all that I do. I will be beginning a study of the bible and how it relates to all the elements of visual art. Those elements are line, shape, value, texture, color, form, and space. Within each of those categories are subcategories as well. I am not giving up on Proverbs just yet either.
If this post was really weird, blame it on the fever.


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity